Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Cabernet in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Monday, October 4, 2010

KEEPS GETTING IN MY WAY

 

Like I said in my last blog work is getting in my way. Here it is Monday and just getting to my weekend blog. But I guess when you work for a church with 2000 members and a school  fall and winter are very busy times. So here is what has been happening in our boring life.

Friday was shopping and cleaning out garage day. Did get a lot of junk out of there.

Saturday we took the day off and took Annie (The Lab) to Parkville for Parktober fest. It was a small festival to raise money for the park system.

They had good music,food and cold drinks..

I don’t know what it is but when we take Annie out she draws a crowd, and kids love to pet her.

 

002

001

003 

This a southwest food restaurant in a train car I thought Sam & Donna and Dennis and Donna would like to see.

006004

Sunday it was back to work,there’s that word again it keeps getting in my way. I sure hope my boss doesn't find my blog and read it.

Hope everyone has a good week.

ONE DAY CLOSER TO OUR DREAM

7 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

You should be used to it by now, When you have a pretty (Annie) Black Lab or a Handsome one ( Rigg's) the line forms on the right.We have it the same way, Thank God they love kid's, We were stuck about 30 minutes after Rigg's got his prize at the Rally by people who wanted to pet and look him over, I had to laugh one elderly Lady that was holding a Pomeranian whose feet I never did see hit the ground, Walked up and said"Well he's just to big for a motorhome" OH well can't make everyone happy. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

cruzin2some said...

Work, Work! I know the feeling.

Stay Safe

Sue and Doug said...

darn working for a living !!...does seem to get in the way of 'living'..one day at a time or maybe go with one week at a time?!!

Phyllis said...

"I sure hope my boss doesn't find my blog and read it."

That's why I don't use my real name in my blog...! :)

Rick said...

Don't work too hard this week. Interesting looking train car restaurants. Good for Annie!

pidge said...

We have some train diners in Indiana. We have only eaten in one of them, but food was really good. Nice pictures today. Thanks for sharing.

Merikay said...

Obviously you do not live in California! They have so many rules. Dogs are almost never allowed at street festivals. Some of the downtown areas don't even allow you to walk your dog on the business streets! (Santa Cruz.) Other put dog bowls out with fresh water (Los Gatos).

We do have lots of dog parks, but dogs are not allowed on many beaches. In San Diego they have their own "dog beach."