Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Cabernet in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Sunday, September 26, 2010

PURGING

Friday morning we got up feeling better than we have in the last couple week.Thursday night it rained pretty hard all night so it must have gotten rid of all the junk in the air so breathing was a lot better.

Anyway Friday seemed as good a day as any to clean out the shed. It has been a few years scents it’s been done. 

003

It wasn't to bad because this last spring my daughter came and cleared out all her stuff.I did have stuff up in the loft that’s been there for about 20 years.Some of it was old paper work from the trucking company I owned  for 15 years.I did find 5 or 6 boxes of old toys that belong to me as a child,trucks and cars mainly.    

004

The trash pile.

005

By the time we got done and put things back the loft was empty and this is all that's left in there. One more thing on the list is done.We still have a lot of painting to do but winter is coming and that will keep us inside to paint.

006

Friday evening we cooked out and had happy hour around the camp fire.

Saturday started out cloudy,we took a truck load of trash from the shed to the church dumpster and then out to  my brother’s house to help him install a new light fixture and see my mom.

  Mon’s not doing to well her Alzheimer is getting worse she can hardly talk its just babble and she couldn't tell you where she is our what day it is.

Its sad to watch her go thru this. Been raining off and on most the afternoon and evening.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

ONE DAY CLOSER TO THE DREAM

11 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

We just found out, to late of course that you guys could have come up to the Fairgrounds and stayed the night for $12 dollars and not had to pay the Rally fee, wish I would have known in advance we could have met up and spent a night togather. maybe next time or some other weekend, this is actually alittle closer to KC than us. in Dardenne Prairie. Tell Annie and the others Ricks said hi, he is really enjoying being the center of attention, whereever we walk him he draws a crowd. Beafe out there. Sam & Donna, aren't Lab's great......

Phyllis said...

It is so difficult to see loved ones degenerate as your mother is. We send our prayers.

Leonard really wishes he had old trucks and toys from childhood.

Happytrails said...

Sounds like you guys had a productive time in the storage shed!!
I am so sorry to read of the news about your mother. I lost my mom to stroke but her strokes took her mind (dementia). It is so hard to see this special person in your life struggle in this way. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

Along the Way with JnK said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Jerry and I both are parentless.

His dad died of Alzeimers a few years back, both our mom's died of cancer and then my dad drank himself to death back when I was only 11.

That is why it is important to live each day as if it is your last and always say those special thoughts to the ones you love because you never know when it may be yours or their last day.

Will keep you in our prayers!

Dennis and Donna said...

I'm truly sorry about your mom...My maternal Grandma had dementia...they called it "hardening of the arteries" back then. I know I joke about being "Dementia Donna", and I mean no offense to anyone who has experienced it...Because it IS in our family, I guess my way of handling it is with jokes...probably worried I really WILL be the next one to have it...My love and thoughts to your family..

Rick said...

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Great job on the shed, sure looks a lot better than mine does right now.

Unknown said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

pidge said...

My prayers and thought are with you and your family. It is so hard to watch a loved one go down hill. Good job on the shed. We could all do with a little purging.

Carol K said...

So sorry to hear about your mother's Alzheimers. It's a nasty disease. My prayers are with you and your mom.

Wayne and Roberta said...

It's a great feeling to clean out and get rid of stuff you no longer need. Sorry to hear your Mom isn't doing so well we'll keep all of you in our prayers.

Wayne and Maureen said...

My Grandmother had Alzheimers. I always felt I could "see" her old self in her eyes. God bless